Tuesday, 2 October 2012

THE OLD CROWN PUBLIC HOUSE - Tasty burgers

Last night I went to The Old Crown Public House to taste burgers and chicken wings.
The Chef shared his love of cooking by the originality of these recipes with contrasting aromas and flavors. My favourite recipes  were The O.C Burger and the WTF !! (alcoholic milkshake)
To sum up, it was a real  feast for the eyes and taste buds 

La nuit dernière je suis allée au pub The Old Crown Public House pour tester des hamburgers, ailes de poulet, cidres, bières et milkshake
Le Chef a su faire partager son amour pour la cuisine grâce à des recettes originales avec des arômes et saveurs contrastées.
Mes recettes préférées de la soirée sont The O.C Burger et le WTF (un milshake alcoolisé)
Pour résumer, ce fut un régal tant pour les yeux que pour les papilles.

The O.C. Burger 

Devon Long Horn 8oz beef patty, smoked onion jam, 3 cheese sauce (emmental, Monterey Jack, lyburn gold), hot pickle, lettuce, tomato & house made 1000 island dressing
Definitely my favorite burger of the night. I love the mix of smoked onion jam with beef.
Certainement mon favori de la soirée. J'ai adoré l'harmonie parfaite de la confiture d'ognion fumé avec le boeuf.


Courgette fries


BBQ Onion Rings 

The Camilla Burger

Free Range chicken breast fillet, sweet tomato relish, smoked gubeen cheese, crispy onions, lettuce & tarragon mayo


The Original @burger_breakout beef burger
Wings: Pesto, BBQ, Spicy, Honey Mustard, Guiness
10 different sauce quiet interesting and tasty. Small disappointed about all this recipes : wings were not enough cripsy for me.
10 sauces différentes trés intéréssantes et savoureuses. Petite déception cependant : les ailes de poulet n'étaient pas assez croustillantes à mon goût.

The Bambi Bought it 
Venison patty, tunworth, beetroot pickle, chocolate & quince BBQ sauce
I didn't like the name of this burger... Remind me my chilhood watching  my Bambi VHS. But I have to admit when I tried it, I really love the taste. I think it will be perfect with a old Madiran glass.
Je n'ai pas vraiment aimé le nom de ce burger, car il me rapelle mon enfance à regarder Bambi en VHS. Mais je dois admettre que j'ai apprécié le goût et je pense qu'il sera parfait accompagné d'un bon vieux Madiran.
Wings: Smokey, Tarragon & Mustard, Sweet &Sour, Lea &Perrins, Thai Green Curry
The Swine Time
Rare breed pork patty, 24hr cooked pulled pork, doddington cheese & apple and jalapeno mayo
Chips with smoked horseradish salt
The I Don't need your Bull Burger
A burger for vegetarians that looks, tastes and feels like a beef burger, made to a supersecret recipe, containing no synthetic meat substitutes this give the burger back to veggies, comes with lettuce, tomato, berkswell cheese and veggie burger sauce.
Such an intriguing but surprising Burger. I managed to discover 40 % its composition.... Will have to eat more of them to discover the remaining 60 %.
Un burger assez intriguant mais surprenant en terme de goût. J'ai réussi à découvrir 40% de sa composition....il faudra que j'en mange d'autres pour découvrir les 60% restants. 
Longhorn Steak : 35 day dry aged Devon Longhorn sirloin 
WTF 
Alcoholic milkshake with tequila, cayenne pepper and coffee ice cream. 
The beginning is a very light taste but the prickly touch come later. My papillae manage to appreciate twice.
Un trés léger goût au départ pour ensuite finir sur une touche piquante que mes papilles ont apprécié à deux reprises


Old Crown on UrbanspoonSquare Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...